SATYAM 200HR PROGRAM DETAILS
9 Workshop Weekends
Fridays 6 – 9p, Saturdays & Sundays 11a – 7:30p
August 17-19, 24-26
September 7-9, 21-23
October 5-7, 19-21
November 2-4, 16-18
November 30-December 2
Throughout the 9 weeks, Kiara and Lynn will continue to emphasize the three main focal points of the course: alignment, anatomy & philosophy. However, you will be encouraged to take from the material what is most meaningful to you and craft a style of teaching that is authentically your own.
Topics Covered Include:
- Exploring various styles of yoga, some of which include: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative
- History of Yoga
- Pranayama, Meditation & Mantra
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Introduction to Sanskrit, Mythology & Spirituality
- Safety, Alignment & Anatomy
- Teaching Tools: Voice, Playlist, Holding Space, Having Boundaries
- Hands on Adjustments
- Business of Yoga: How to Be Successful in this Profession
- Anatomy, Anatomy, Anatomy: You’ll know your muscle groups!
- Yoga Sutras and the 8 Fold Path
- Energy Anatomy: Chakras, Vayus, & Nadis
- Advanced Pranayama Practices & How to Teach Them
- Aromatherapy & Essential Oils in Class
- Advanced Meditation Tools & Teaching
- Yoga Body: Diet, Hormones, Lifestyle
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Ethics of the Yoga Teacher
From early in the course, students will begin practice teaching. Practice teaching will evolve as the weeks pass, beginning with one-on-one teaching with other students, then small groups, to eventually the entire YTT class. It is the belief of the Satyam Lead Instructors that “practice makes perfect” and only with ample time spent using your voice, standing in front of the group, and actually teaching, will the Satyam Student grow to be an exceptional teacher.
In addition to the 9 weekends, students are required to complete all of the homework assignments. Anticipate an assignment given for the first 8 weekends. Throughout the course, you’ll be required to take 10 classes from either of the lead instructors. In addition to these 10 classes, you’ll be asked to sit and observe 5 of their classes and complete a write up of your observations. As part of your teacher training participation, you will receive a 20-class pass to take the 10 required classes, plus an additional 10 complimentary classes.
At the end of this program, if you meet all course requirements and hours, you will be certified with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour Yoga Instructor. You will not be tested at the end of this course. Certification will be awarded to you based on participation, homework completion and required hours fulfilled.
Course Fee: $2,750
*Payment plans available
Have Questions? Call Us!
Lindsay Wettereau, Om Studios Owner
*Satyam Fall 2018 program requires a minimum of 10 participants committed by August 1st to host the fall session. If by the unfortunate chance that fewer participants are registered, students have the option to be refunded or have their registration transferred to the Spring 2019 program beginning February 1st.